Saturday, March 31, 2012

BONUS: Curly's Birthday Stromboli Fest

For his thirteenth birthday, Curly wanted to make stromboli with Joe. Before I went on my gluten free diet, Joe and the boys used to make stromboli for me on Mother's day; he showed them the same method that his Italian mother used.

First, they cut up the ingredients and separated them into piles, one pile for each stromboli they were making.


Curly had only one useful arm, so Joe took care of the cutting and Curly did the separating.


Joe impressed us with his dough-throwing skills. We used store-bought frozen bread dough; we put it out to thaw and rise in the morning and by the afternoon it was ready.

Now to add the fillings...




(Joe likes to leave the sauce out of the stromboli and serve it on the side.)

Seal it up...

Brush with olive oil before popping it into the oven.

(Here's my gluten free pizza I made. Looks good, but the stromboli looked better.)

Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown. I asked Joe how long they cooked them and he said, "I don't know, I wasn't timing it. Until it's done."

A perfect birthday meal for Curly.


His cast is off now, and pretty soon we'll plan a bowling party for him and his friends. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment